Yes.  We offer a separate migration only service and may be able to assist you with your migration queries for temporary and residence applications .  If we do not place you in a role we do however charge a fee for this advice.  Whether you are overseas or already on shore in Australia or New Zealand please get in touch and we can discuss your options.

In Australia and New Zealand it is illegal to charge any individual for a recruitment placement.

If you are a local graduate of Australia or New Zealand, and are seeking a new position, we can inform you of suitable opportunities, current pay rates and conditions for available jobs, whilst maintaining your confidentiality.

If you are an overseas graduate, benefit from the comprehensive experience GHS has in navigating registration processes, employment and visa pathways. Talk to us and discover the options available to you.

If you require only migration assistance, you can engage our migration services for assistance at a very competitive rate.  The GHS migration team specialises in visa options for health professionals.

This will depend on your profession and whether you are relocating on a temporary or permanent basis. To practise as a radiographer, radiation therapist or nuclear medicine technologist in Australia, you will require AHPRA registration. If you wish to apply for a permanent visa, you must be assessed by ASMIRT.

If you are a sonographer who has qualified outside Australasia, you will need to be assessed by ASMIRT, before you are eligible to apply to ASAR, to practise in Australia.

You must hold registration with the NZMRTB in an appropriate scope of practice.

We would suggest you contact the experienced staff at GHS before you submit any registration application. We can offer specific advice to ensure your application is assessed as promptly as possible and to ensure the strongest outcome.

If you wish to settle in Australia, you may be eligible to apply for permanent residency up until you turn 45, assuming you meet the required criteria. If you wish to relocate to New Zealand on a permanent basis you can apply for a permanent visa prior to your 55th birthday. There are opportunities to work in either country on a temporary basis beyond these ages. Our registered and experienced migration agents can offer advice specific to your circumstances.

If you are eligible for an Australian working holiday visa, you are entitled to combine work and travel and it is an ideal opportunity to undertake locum work and mix work with travel. You cannot work for an employer for longer than six months on this visa, although can do multiple short assignments. Working Holiday Visas are granted for twelve months, however there is also the potential to apply for a second or in some cases a third working holiday visa or consider a position offering sponsorship, if you wish to stay for a longer period. Our registered and experienced migration agents can offer advice specific to your circumstances.
In New Zealand, if you hold a working holiday visa you can consider any temporary roles however you are not eligible to accept a permanent position. There is the option for a 12 month or a 23 month visa.

If you wish to spend a few years in one location in Australia and are unsure if you wish to relocate permanently, you may be suitable for a TSS visa. Approved Australian employers are able to sponsor suitably registered professionals for two years and in some instances for up to four years. These positions are exclusively for full-time roles with the sponsoring employer. You can include your spouse and any dependants on this visa, if applicable. Partners are entitled to work. In some states, there may be a requirement to pay for government schooling for dependants. Some passport holders are also required to have a private health insurance policy.
If you are flexible and willing to consider a variety of different locations, there are usually several opportunities available year round. Generally, although there are clients willing to undertake sponsorship in both the public and private sectors, the majority of employment is to be found in large regional centres and country destinations in public hospital environments. There is often less opportunity for long term work in cities although these do present from time to time for specialised professionals.
There are also numerous positions offering work permits in New Zealand.

Yes – we offer temporary/locum, fixed term and permanent opportunities throughout Australia and New Zealand.

No – if you satisfy the other criteria, you may apply for residence which must be processed and finalised before your 56th birthday.

No - you must be 18 to 30 years old (inclusive) – unless you are a Canadian, French or Irish passport holder, who are eligible until age 35 (inclusive). In addition, you must have completed 3 months of ‘specified work’ while on your first working holiday visa