Registration and Assessment

Occupational Therapists


Occupational therapists who qualified outside Australia must contact the Occupational Therapy Council of Australia and complete an application for assessment for a Desk Top Audit. On completion of your assessment, and upon receipt of an offer of employment, you will be eligible to apply for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.

Please contact us for more information.

New Zealand

If you are an occupational therapist intending to work in New Zealand you must be registered with the OTBNZ before you can practise. Registration entitles you to practise as an occupational therapist anywhere in New Zealand subject to holding an Annual Practising Certificate (APC).

Occupational therapists who currently hold Australian registration in Australia may apply for registration via the Trans Tasman Mutual Recognition (TTMR) agreement.

In the case of a New Zealand registered occupational therapist seeking work in Australia, you are not required to have your qualifications re-assessed in Australia and may be able to apply directly for national registration.


Please contact us to discuss further.