NEW ZEALAND RESIDENCE VISA CHANGES
With the closure of the 2021 Residence Visa pathway on 31 July 2022, Immigration New Zealand have introduced three new residence visa categories.
- Green List Straight to Residence
- Green List Work to Residence
- Highly Paid Residence Pathway.
The three resident categories require you to:
- be 55 years old or younger
- meet English language requirements,
- meet standard health and character requirements for residence, and
- have been offered a job with an accredited employer.
The two Green List resident categories also require you to
- have been offered a full-time role (at least 30 hours a week),
- have a Green List job, and
- meet the requirements of that Green List job.
Green List Straight to Residence
The Green List Straight to Residence pathway also requires that your employment offer must:
- be at least 12 months in duration; or
- be a contract or contracts for services totalling at least six months.
Green List Straight to Residence applicants can either come to New Zealand on a work visa and apply for residence from 5 September 2022 or they can apply from outside of New Zealand.
Green List Work to Residence
Green List Work to Residence applicants must demonstrate they have had acceptable work in a Green List occupation for at least 24 months in the 30 month period before the resident visa application is made. This can be accrued from 29 September 2021 and applications will be accepted from September 2023.
Highly Paid Pathway to Residence
The Highly Paid Pathway to Residence requires applicants to demonstrate that they have worked in an occupation earning at least twice the median wage for at least 24 months in the 30 month period before a resident visa application is made. This can be accrued from 29 September 2021 and applications will be accepted from September 2023.
New Residence Costs from 31 July 2022
Immigration New Zealand will increase residence category application prices from 31 July 2022:
- Band A: Lodged on shore in NZ: NZD $4290
- Band B: Lodged from within Pacific Island countries: NZD$4020
- Band C: Lodged from elsewhere in the world: NZD$4890.
No announcement has been made regarding the re-opening of selections from the Skilled Migrant Category EOI pool and SMC Residence Visa applications.